[lazarus] Localization site

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Sep 16 05:17:05 EDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:52:48 +0400
"Vasily I. Volchenko" <Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru> wrote:

> So, it includes changing (moving strings to rst).

Thx. But plz send diffs instead of whole files, so they can be merged with other changes.

> Editor options dialog
> had (without any localization) a bug (and have it, if it haven't been
> fixed from Saturday): it is impossible to change font style (bold etc). It
> need manual xml editing.

The bug is TComboBox.OnClick. It is called before the gtk-interface switches the state of the Checked property. I will fix it in the next days.

> It was difficult to internationalize, as many
> text is applied in array consts and initialization.

True. That was not very clever by me. But it is not very difficult to change it.

> I've made a temporary
> hack - moving initialization to a proc - in idecomp. But it would be a
> good idea to load all internationalization not from constrctor, but from a
> unit initialization, which must not be the last in unit lists.

It doesn't matter for the IDE. The IDE should support language switching at runtime. Of course this needs Translate procs for every dialog.

Mattias