[lazarus] LCL Tab Order Implementation

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Sep 24 15:13:29 EDT 2002

Andrew Johnson wrote:

 > I was wondering if, given the differences in GTK and Win32 if it
 > wouldn't make sense too implement tabbing ourselves in the LCL.

The more we can do in the LCL the better. By using only the simple
primatives from the API it makes it much easier to port to other widget
sets. So from my point of view I would welcome it.

Now some will say that that defeats the purpose of the widget set and
the idea of unix where one just uses modules and libraries of other
products. This is true and what I would recommend if we were only a Unix
product. But since we need to be able to work with things like Windows
the more we can handle internally the better.