[lazarus] More of a FPC question but... dynamic arrays

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Sep 30 08:18:32 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:59:50 +0200
Florian Klaempfl <Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote:

> At 03:11 30.09.2002, you wrote:
> >In Delphi 4 I used dynamically sized arrays using setlength to resize
> >them as needed.
> >
> >I haven't been able to get it to work in FPC / Lazarus, and it looks
> >like the setlength function isn't there.  In fact, defining the array
> >using:
> >
> >var
> >         MyArray: array of TObject;
> >
> >Doesn't work either...
> >
> >This was a feature they added in Delphi 4.  I've got over 60,000 lines
> >of code that rely heavily on this that I was looking to migrate to
> >Lazarus.
> >
> >Have I just missed something, or must I write my own linked list manager
> >or use a TCollection to get this to work?
>
> Did someone try lazarus with 1.1 recently?

Yes, I do from time to time. The compilation issues changes over time. Currently it has problems with overriden methods of RTTI classes (TPersistent):

graphics.pp(189,15) Warning: An inherited method is hidden by "TFont.Assign(const tagLOGFONTA)"
graphics.pp(188,15) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TFont.Assign(TPersistent)"

Both errors make no sense to me.

Mattias