[lazarus] Freepascal/Lazarus newbie

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Tue Aug 12 14:43:29 EDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:53:52 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Kim Boulton wrote:
>

> > Freepascal seems to work okay though.
> >
> > My ultimate goal is to port my exisiting Delphi applications to
> > MacOs. I have read that Freepascal has or will have a MacOs
> > compiler. Am I going the best way about this?
>
> The macos compiler is currently being worked on - very actively.
> The PPC CPU port works on linux, I think that the Mac OS port itself
> is close to working.
>
> Michael.

I don't if there is a gtk for Mac OS and how stable it is. If there is
no stable gtk for MacOs, then we 'll have to write a new
interface(object) for it. That could take much longer (think years,
looking at the win32 interface) than porting fpc to the Mac OS.

Vincent.