[lazarus] listbox patch

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Dec 14 18:58:04 EST 2003

At 00:05 15-12-2003, Vincent Snijders wrote:

[SNIP]

>I noticed a different appearance / behaviour of the gtk-linux and win32.
>In gtk clicking on the text selects the item, but does not check it. In
>the win32 interface, clicking on the item text checks the item. In win32
>no selected item is shown.

That is probably because GTK has no native checklistbox (it has no normal
listbox like win32 either).
GTK has a listbox with a list of widgets, which in normal cases are labels.
When implementing the checklistbox, I saw no reason why those labels
couldn't be labels and checkboxes. So in GTK you select the labels and
check the checkboxes. I tried Checkboxes alone, but then you couldn't
slecet an item without checking it.
Since the UI of GKT and win32 differs I had no problems with the different
behaviour (we're not trying to let GTK widgets behave like windows)

Marc