[lazarus] Still :I need help with databases.

HSO hso.suporte at ig.com.br
Wed Feb 19 22:39:00 EST 2003

	Hi all.
	I`m still having troubles with databases, i sow the database objects you have send before in the list, but i don`t know how to compile then(well therefore i asked for components like delphi , actualy i don`t like then i prefer doing things like i do in c++ wich means using the mysql unit from freepascal).
	So i wrote a small pascal prg accessing a mysql database , it worked fine,so i copied it into a lazarus unit(the callback off a button) i tryed to run this.The program display the correct result and then stop misteriusly.
	gdb does not work, so i got completely lost, can you help me?
I`m  sending the two codes(the unit from lazarus and the pas prg).

unit uni1;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

interface

uses
  Classes, SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, LResources, Buttons,mysql;

type
  TForm1 = class(TForm)
    Button1: TBUTTON;
    procedure Button1CLICK(Sender: TObject);
  private
    { private declarations }
  public
    { public declarations }
  end;

var
  Form1: TForm1;
  db:PMYSQL;
  tmp:TMYSQL;
  coluna:TMYSQL_ROW;
  buffer:PMYSQL_RES;

implementation

{ TForm1 }

procedure TForm1.Button1CLICK(Sender: TObject);

begin
     db:=mysql_connect(@tmp,'localhost','root',nil);
     mysql_select_db(db,'delara');
     mysql_query(db,'select * from usuarios');
     buffer := mysql_store_result(db);
     coluna:=mysql_fetch_row(buffer);
     showmessage(coluna[0]);
     mysql_close(db);
end;

initialization
  {$I uni1.lrs}

end.

program teste;
uses mysql;

var
db:PMYSQL;
tmp:TMYSQL;
coluna:TMYSQL_ROW;
buffer:PMYSQL_RES;

begin
     db:=mysql_connect(@tmp,'localhost','root',nil);
     mysql_select_db(db,'delara');
     mysql_query(db,'select * from usuarios');
     buffer := mysql_store_result(db);
     coluna:=mysql_fetch_row(buffer);
     writeln(coluna[0],coluna[1]);
end.