[lazarus] FPC Compiler needed for Lazarus ...

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 9 04:40:09 EDT 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:52:27 +1000
James Mills <prologic at daisy.ods.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What FPC Compiler is needed in order to use Lazarus ?

- At least 1.0.7 from 21. sept 2002.
- The rpms need their rpm counterparts.
- We are waiting for the announcement of the 1.0.8. The 1.0.8 is a bug fix
release and will become the recommended compiler for lazarus.

> Also, will this ever change so that you can just use the compiler you
> already have installed. It seems such a bother to have to install
> another compiler specific for Lazarus... (I'm using Debian, and prefer
> to use Debian distributions, with exceptions).

I got the same problem. I plan to setup an lazarus and fpc apt-get source
for deb and rpm. But this needs time...

Mattias