[lazarus] SysTools for FPC...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 9 09:26:12 EDT 2003

I've started converting TurboPower's SysToolsForKylix for use with FPC.
The following units looked nice so I stared with them:

StStr   - A rich collection of high performance String Handling Routines
StUtils - Low level data manipulations
StBase  - Base unit for SysTools

It took a while but getting the code to compile was a surprisingly easy
task... and only a few out of the 15,000 lines still need work. They
appear to be easy fixes: the assembler didn't like "mov   edi, [Result]"
in a function and several library routines are missing that probably
already exist: isupper, islower, toupper, tolower... etc.

I also had to add a WideString=AnsiString type declaration as there
doesn't seem to be support for WideStrings in the 1.0.7 compiler. If and
when WideStrings are added, we can delete the interface type declaration
and enable the WideString functionality.

The code still needs some testing and final fixes... but I'll be happy
to post it if anyone is interested in taking a look. Now that the base
units compile, hopefully the others in this fine collection will too.

-Tom