[lazarus] CVS Updatesuy

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jun 18 18:36:26 EDT 2003

> >?MarcoV is confused here?
>
> Not only you, I've been looking and I don't get why the fd is negative.
> Besides that, the system created a dup for it whithout an error (otherwise
> wwe wouldn't have a PID), so what's going on here ?
>
> Does a simple call to AssignPipe work ?

It seems so. the pipe() syscall is succesful according to ktrace, and the
fcl/tests/testproc program works. However, again with ktrace I see a few
close()'s that silently go wrong at the end.

However this was on my laptop with a lot of old cruft (and a slow building
of a snapshot, I'm at home preparing for exams).

In the weekend I'll probably find some time to delve deeper into this using
my Athlon.

P.s. 1 I saw there isn't a demo for the treetest yet?

P.s. 2
I tried to compile Tony's checkbook tracker, but:
- I had to fix some {$ifdef linux}. In general, to everybody; if you don't
   care about 1.0.4 and below compability, use ifdef unix.
   There are less linux specific calls than Unix-generic calls.
- I missed files, both custom components (in some "custom" dir) and in the generic lazarus dir.
   I know that they were in the lazarus dir because ...
- Checkbook tracker's lpi file is also full of absolute paths. To lazarus,
  fpc source dirs, custom component dirs etc etc. Most seem to be generate
  by auto finding them via the searchpaths. Maybe if found via a certain
  include dir, they should read {$LAZARUSDIR}/dir/to/file or so when written
  to file. So when saving file-paths, you look if there are partial matches
  with every dir-path in includes, units etc.