[lazarus] Clean build from nothing

Vasily I. Volchenko Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru
Wed Jun 25 05:53:51 EDT 2003

> I think, the current free pascal concept (avoiding C libraries, mainly libc)
> is usable only because on a tipical system only a few pascal processes run
> at once; the rest of the system is written in C, so enough memory remains to
> run the pascal programs :)

I think, it is not a problem to make the most of RTL as a library itself. FCL is
more difficult, but some tricks might help (just build a ppas.sh and link.res,
build all fcl .o files from link.res to a .so, and then link the rest program).
I have mostly succeed linking such a binary one time, but failed many times. May
be, it is possible to place this mechanism.
And, besides, this will be one of the important solutions when anyone will try
to make a special fpc-based OS.