[lazarus] Win32 version compile error

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Mar 5 06:41:57 EST 2003

> > But you are trying to use the dos version to build
> > it?!?!
>
> I don't know how to change to skip this.
>
> > > C:\Projects\LAZARU~1\lazarus>make
> > > Copyright (c) 1993-2002 by Florian Klaempfl
> > > Target OS: GO32 V2 DOS extender
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > > C:\Projects\LAZARU~1\lazarus>make
> > > c:/progra~1/freepa~1/bin/go32v2/make.exe -C lcl
> > all
> > 			^^^^^^^^^
> >

> Please tell me how to change Makefile to compile for win32.

You have the wrong compiler. You need the windows compiler, not the dos compiler.

While this can be remedied in the compiler itself, you also need a lot of
other utils that are windows only.

Look in progra~1\freepa~1\bin, do you see a win32 directory there?

If yes, change the reference to freepascal in the PATH from bin/go32v2 to
bin/win32, if no, download and install the windows version.