[lazarus] Newbie question

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Mar 27 06:44:28 EST 2003

On 27 Mar 2003 20:07:54 +1100
David Creelman <dave at geko.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> If I'm understanding your issue correctly, in Lazarus, goto
> Environment->Environment Options and in the FPC Source directory edit
> box, type in the path of your source units (if you've installed with an
> RPM, it most likely should be /usr/bin/ppc386).

The RPM installs everything at default places, which is recognized by the
IDE automatically. Also the IDE does some checks at startup and warns if the
basic paths look suspicious. So it is not an src path issue.
The error indicates that the interface unit was not compiled with the same
compiler version. Maybe he has installed the wrong lazarus rpm for the fpc
rpm. Anyway, this can be solved by using the lazarus src rpm and rebuilding
it, which he did.

Mattias