[lazarus] FormatDateTime()

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Thu Mar 27 17:48:55 EST 2003

I tried that one is a Lazarus project but I does not work. The scope of
DateSeparator is global, right? So I changed it in FormCreate to DateSeparator :
= '/' but it does not work.

Regards,

Yoyong

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 svcr-216-37-230-2.dsl.svcr.epix.net
 [216.37.230.2]

From: Luis Mineiro <luis at zbit.pt> on 03/27/2003 09:46 AM GMT

         Luis Mineiro           To:   lazarus at miraclec.com
       <luis at zbit.pt>           Cc:    (bcc: Yoyong Hernan-ET/PGI)
                        Subject:      Re: [lazarus] FormatDateTime()

  03/27/2003 05:46 PM
    Please respond to
 lazarus at miraclec.com

Hi,

<snip>
Program foo;
Uses
        SysUtils;
Var
        S: String;
Begin
        DateSeparator := '/';
        S := FormatDateTime('MM/DD/YYYY', Date);
        WriteLn(S);
End.
</snip>

[luis at rsmith toaster]$ fpc foo.pp
Free Pascal Compiler version 1.1 [2003/03/26] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2002 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling foo.pp
Linking foo
10 Lines compiled, 0.1 sec
[luis at rsmith toaster]$ ./foo
03/27/2003

DateSeparator (declared in SysUtils), like in Delphi/Kylix, is a variable for
locale specific functions that use dates.

There are others: DecimalSeparator, etc.

Cheers.

--
Luis Mineiro (luis at zbit.pt)
ZBit Software, Lda. (http://www.zbit.pt)