[lazarus] 1.0.7 src rpm and bin rpm

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri May 9 07:14:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003 13:12:13 +0200
Siegfried Goericke <siggi at dbobjects.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> when I use the package fpc-1.0.7-laz.20030301.i386.rpm then I can compile
> and use lazarus. But when I build fpc from the package
> fpcsrc-1.0.7-laz.20030301.i386.rpm, then I can't build lazarus. The error
> msg is:

The fpcsrc rpm is "only" the whole source files of freepascal (compiler,
rtl, fcl, "packages"). The fpc-1.0.7-laz.20030301.src.rpm should be used to
compile your own fpc rpm.

> Fatal: Can't find unit GLIB
>
> I have all checked (positiv) (see FAQ).
>
> Normaly I can use the binary package, but I want use the new patches for
> db and interbase and dbgrid .....

If you want to patch the fpc/lazarus sources, I strongly recommend, that you
use the cvs/tgz versions. RPMs are for clean install and uninstall, not for
downloading files and patching them.

Mattias