[lazarus] TDBGrid question

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Tue May 27 01:13:34 EDT 2003

To Jesus,

Can you help me how to issue another SQL command using TDBGrid?

I mean I  have TIBDatabase,TIBQuery, TDatasource and TDBGrid. I need to change
my sql command for my TIBQuery which is connect to TDBGrid, how can I do that.
The following command does not work.

myTDBGrid.Close;
myTDBGrid.SQL.clear;
myTDBGrid.SQL.Add('new sql command');
myTransaction ..... <transaction preparation here>

myTDBGrid.Open;

The above statement does not refresh the TDBGrid with correct information.

Regards,

Yoyong

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 svcr-216-37-230-2.dsl.svcr.epix.net
 [216.37.230.2]

From: Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> on 05/23/2003 04:19 PM GMT

             Jesus Reyes           To:   lazarus at miraclec.com
 <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx>           Cc:    (bcc: Yoyong Hernan-ET/PGI)
                           Subject:      Re: [lazarus] TDBGrid question

     05/24/2003 12:19 AM
       Please respond to
    lazarus at miraclec.com

 --- Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> escribió: > On Thu,
22 May 2003 19:43:18 -0600
> "Jesus Reyes" <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
>
> > I thought that I corrected those details, later I will try to
> verify this,
> > thanks.
> >
> > Meanwhile feel free to do any changes later if you like we can
> insert
> > them, I wanted to get the scrollbars working but for the moment I
> cant, I
> > tried to do a package with the new package system and I detected
> some
> > painting problems while in form designing,
>
> There is a problem with non visual components. When the form move
> or some
> gtk internal layout widgets resize the coordinates are not always
> correct
> and the icons are not properly moved.

Oh, in fact i was talking of dbgrids painting at design time and
specifically when the dbgrid has some content to show, I can see the
proble you describe, that little shaking icons I thought it was an
animation effect ;)

> > I packaged a TMySQLDataset component and
> > for the first time a see the grid filling a design time !.
> Unfortunatelly
> > TDataSet derivatives seems to have problems at the form streaming
> time :(.
> > I'm not in the office so I cant post the backtraces but it seem
> its a RTTI
> > issue.
>
> Is this a new bug or the one found last week?
>

> Mattias

Maybe i should update my sources, my last update was when one propery
(database?) duplicate was corrected

Jesus Reyes A.