[lazarus] Heaptrc

Bob Wingard bwingard at gt.rr.com
Sun Nov 9 14:38:15 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 12:05, Marc Weustink wrote:
> At 18:25 9-11-2003, you wrote:

> > > Eeek. Ehm, what does View->Debug windows->debugoutput say in this case.
> > And
> > > is there some output on the console ?
> >
> >   The attached file has the console output for a standard project1
> >compiled with the heaptrc option set and generate debugging information
> >for gdb. IDE.txt is the output when the program is executed inside the
> >IDE. cmdline.txt is the output from running the program from the command
> >line ./project1 &> cmdline.txt.
>
> OK, thanx for these. But, can you still give me the output of the
> View->Debug windows->Debug Output dialog ?

Can't get there, lazarus is totally locked up when this happens. I have
to issue a kill [lazarus pid].

> Somehow it seems that it sucessfull retrieves the topmost call in the
> callstack, but after that ????
> Does the same happen if you don't have the "Call Stack" window open ?

 I do not have the call stack window open when this happens.
 just before lazarus hangs I get a message box with the following
message. Execution paused
         Address: $0810F52A
         Procedure: _SYSLINUX_$$GET_CALLER_ADDR$LONGINT
         (Some day an assembler window might pop up here :)
With an OK button, as soon as I press OK processor usage goes max

> Another strange thing I noticed:
>   [TDebugManager.OnDebuggerChangeState] state: dsRun
>   [WARNING] Debugger: Unknown stopped reason:
>   TCmdLineDebugger.SendCmdLn "-break-insert FPC_RAISEEXCEPTION"
>   TCmdLineDebugger.SendCmdLn "-break-insert FPC_BREAK_ERROR"
>   TCmdLineDebugger.SendCmdLn "info program"
>   [Debugger] Log output: &"info program\n"
>   [Debugger] Target PID: 32126
>   TCmdLineDebugger.SendCmdLn "-exec-continue"
>   [TDebugManager.OnDebuggerChangeState] state: dsPause
>
> There should have been a dsRun state (the result of the -exec-continue)
> before the last dsPause.
> What version of GDB are you using ? (what's the output of gdb -v)

GNU gdb 5.3-25mdk (Mandrake Linux)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu".