[lazarus] Problems with lazarus CVS

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sat Nov 15 10:27:43 EST 2003

At 15:33 15-11-2003, Bob Wingard wrote:

>Marc,
>         I am getting a range exception message as well when I do a debug
> build
>of lazarus.

:(

I don't like rangechecks when I ment it that way

OK, I added a cast, so I guess it is fixed now.

>I have traced it to the KeySymToKeyArray function. In the function on
>line 1234 K := AKeySym shr 16 is where the exception is happening. At
>the point where the error happens AKeySym is equal to 269024801. I am
>still looking but I think the problem is in the return from
>XKeyCodeToKeySym in the InitKeyBoardTables routine when n=63, m=1, then
>a little further down the call to KeySymToKeyArray fails.

Thanks for trace. It easier to find it this way.

the line K := AKeySym shr 16 is the problem when you have rangechecks
turned on.

K is a Byte, AKeysym shr 16 is larger than a byte so this causes a
rangechek error. (I only needed the lower byte)

Marc