[lazarus] Getting Involved

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Nov 18 17:02:09 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:06:05 -0500  Andrew Johnson <acjgenius at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> what is needed it nost a DFM-> LDM converter, but a Broken LFM repair
> wizard, to allow fixing broken LFM's, such as have been converted from
> DFM(since obviously they are not perfectly compatible). DFM can already
> be "Converted" so to speak, but the result is usually a broken LFM,
> because of the various differences in components properties or missing
> components etc.

Right.
Some details:
The codetools can already check a LFM source and search for all missing
identifiers. (Type checking is not yet implemented). See checklfmdlg.pas.
This unit also contains a form, that should become a wizard. That means, if
the codetools find some errors, the wizard should popup, list all the errors
and present the user some rules to automatically fix the errors. The first
rule is for example: Delete missing properties. Other rules can be of the
form: Replace X with Y.
The wizard should then fix the lfm file. That means it applies the fixes and
checks again. The codetools already return a LFMTree structure, so you don't
need to parse the LFM file.

> If you wish to help with this that would be great.
>
> If not, database could definitely use some love, especially debugging
> and fixing things, which I would suggest first, and then adding in the
> DBLookup* components.
>
> Also as mentioned in past threads, there are many things needed in the
> underlying FCL DB framework that are either broken, or simply
> unimplemented, or in a few cases which need reworking, both in the base
> db, and in the various db interfaces.
>
> Any help in any DB area would be greatly appreciated.

Mattias