[lazarus] Problem with OpenBox

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 23 07:41:59 EDT 2003

I just tried this out. OpenBox 2 does not seem to have this problem,
OpenBox 3 does. I have in the past seen this under certain versions of
Metacity. I am guessing this is thus something to do with NETWM
compatible WM.

And it is not just Lazarus. This is also true of some GNUstep
applications(happened in Gorm once, and CodeEditor as well), and a few
other gtk1.2 applications(happened for me using audacity as well as
ardour, both gtk1.2). I am not positive which functions called cause it,
however I am pretty sure the problem is at least in part a bug in the
current OB3 window manager.

if I get more time today to look further I will try and find out which
functions/messages cause it, and you can then submit a bug report on
OpenBox, and if there is an actual bug in the GTK backend we can fix it.
However seeing as this does not seem to happen with the GTK2 backend,
which shares a good deal of the same code, it seems unlikely....

Andrew