[lazarus] GTK team: please specify!

Micha Nelissen M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl
Fri Oct 31 12:00:30 EST 2003

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:16:05 +0100
> Micha Nelissen <M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl> wrote:
>

>>If I now move the groupbox, windows
>>remembers it's painted image and the invisible component moves with it.
>>How is this handled?
>

> Normally, moving a control, should invalidate it, which result in a paint
> message for the control, which will automatically repaint the control and
> the designer will repaint the icon (at the new position, so that it appears
> to be fixed).

I think we're making this WAY too difficult and hackish with DC
size/position calculations all over the place.

I suggest making the grabbers windows, derivative of a TCustomForm or so.

I suggest using a window, derivative of TCustomForm, for drawing
invisible components on.

Then it'll all be easier and cleaner. What do you think?

Micha.