[lazarus] Problems with packages after CVS update

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Sep 15 11:08:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:59:33 -0500
Tony <tony at maro.net> wrote:

> I just updated from CVS and did a clean make.
>
> I then fired up the IDE and opened one of my packages and hit "install".
>
> Lazarus took about .5 seconds to say it was ready for a restart.  I
> restarted and no package...
>
> I opened the package back up, clicked "Compile" and nothing happened.
>
> I then told it to install, the compiler messages window appears, it
> almost immediately says ready to restart.  I then clicked "compile" just
> to see the messages, and the compiler messages window blanked and
> nothing happened.

The check for ambigious files was buggy.

Much more serious:
Debugging the above I found another bug. The package format version was not
stored correctly, and so packages saved in the last few days, could loose
compiler options.

OTOH, import and export of package compiler options do work now. You can
also interchange project and package compiler options.

Mattias