[Lazarus] Help! Opening a THelpDialogForm gives runtime error (Resource file not found)

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:08:42 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho >> That
is not sane. I think if you are going to make assumptions,
>> unicodestring being *DEFAULT* utf-8 on Linux and utf-16 on windows (or
>> whatever native encoding the respective platform has) is the more likely
>> outcome.
>
> Varying encodings are a very unlikely option for the LCL, because a
> single encoding is much easier for developers to deal with, and we try
> to keep a consistent path.

I also can't see a dual encoding working out....

> Honestly Delphi has hat a very unstable history in the last years. I
> think noone is in favor of blindly following them.

I second that!

> of them can change freely. A more realistic solution could be making
> LCL compilable with Delphi, so that one can use it with both
> compilers, instead of using LCL with FPC and VCL with Delphi.

That doesn't seem very realistic either. LCL relies heavily on many
FCL features and classes. Delphi doesn't have a FCL!

-
Regards,
 - Graeme -