[Lazarus] File Browser in Lazarus IDE?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:46:17 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Mattias Gärtner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>> Is there a File Browser in the Lazarus IDE?  The Project Inspector
>> cannot be used for what I need.  For example, I have lots of optional
>> units in some projects (tiOPF project being one of them). Those units
>> are only pulled into the system at compile-time via project wide
>> DEFINE's.
>
> Why did you not add them to the project?
> You can remove them from the uses section if you want.

Those units need to be maintained, but they don't compile with FPC,
but only with Delphi. For example, the persistence layers used in
tiOPF:  ADO, BDE, DOA (direct oracle access), UIB, dbExpress, etc...
As far as I understand, if you add them to the project or laz package,
they are still going to be compiled even if removed them from the uses
clause (Compile Clean option), which then means it will fail under
FPC.

> The debian and rpm packages install file associations, so double clicking starts
> lazarus.
> But at the moment every time a new IDE is started.

Not the desired behaviour either... I'll implement the File Browser
(Lazarus add-on package) instead. Double clicking a file would then
open it in the editor.  Another benefit of this approach would mean
that later other developers could extend the file browser to integrate
with SVN as well or whatever else they can come up with...

Regards,
 - Graeme -