[Lazarus] How to add your own 'New Project' template?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 10:29:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Tom Verhoeff <T.Verhoeff at tue.nl> wrote:
>> Under my system (Linux) in was $HOME/.lazarus/templates/
>
> Under Windows (which I use rarely, but our students do), it is
>
>        C:\lazarus\templates
>
> where Lazarus itself is installed in C:\lazarus\.  The ...\templates
> directory does not even exist.

Neither did it under Linux. I manually created the templates directory.

>> >From this I gather it defaults to wherever the Lazarus settings folder
>> is plus the templates directory.  ...
>
> Apparently not on Windows.

As Vincent mentioned... In the latest "released" Lazarus, the settings
folder is the same as the installed folder:  In your case C:\Lazarus
directory. I believe in the next Lazarus release it will use
"\Document and Settings\<user>\<not sure where>" even though Lazarus
is installed in C:\Lazarus\

Regards,
 - Graeme -