[Lazarus] Where does Lazarus store/look for global settings/options?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:37:08 CET 2008

Hello Graeme,

GG> So let the pre-0.9.26 lazarus continue using it's default location
GG> (seeing that you can't change it). And for all newer Lazarus releases,
GG> use your own custom locations. Maybe  config dir which contains a
GG> version number.

I'm doing just that, but that's not the "problem", nor my problem at
all now. A Delphi user expect that each version run it's own config
(at least up to D7, where I stop using it).

>> That's fine when you know that the command line accepts the "--pcp"
>> parameter. Had you tried to find that information in the wiki using a
>> problem description ? Even using primary-config-path as keyword, one
>> of the good matches appears at position 15.
GG> To be honest, I never even thought of going to the wiki site. I simply
GG> ran './azarus --help' and read the on-screen instructions.
[...]
GG> The above messages were pretty clear to me, and told me exactly what I
GG> wanted to know.

Remember that I'm talking about Windows version ? ;) And my smile at
the end of the "not very help"...

C:\lazarus_0.9.26\lazarus.exe --help

Windows window showing "File not open". It works fine in 0.9.27
version, well if you can follow the attached capture ;)

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun