[Lazarus] Cocoa bindings

Mac Programmer MacPgmr at fastermac.net
Sat Dec 6 03:35:20 CET 2008

Maybe Florian could elaborate a bit on where the NDA issues lie. With  
developing a compiler, the run-time, the apps themselves?

Sure it's a controlled environment. Welcome to the 21st century. Many  
of us develop software for organizations with extreme restrictions on  
what users can do with their computers. Apple's "review" process  
seems fairly tame by comparison.

I was just seeing if anyone else was interested in joining the party.


It's not like we're getting married to the iPhone apps we develop. I  
think the idea is that you spend maybe a month doing it, then you  
submit it and wait and see if anyone likes it. Apple is assuming all  
of the marketing, credit card processing, currency exchange, hosting,  
etc. as well as a lot of responsibility that you don't have to worry  
about. For that they take 30% and transmit the other 70% into your  
bank account. You can also post free apps and Apple assumes the cost  
of distributing those for free.

One of nice things about an open source project is that it's like  
running a company where you don't have to worry about running a  
business. And posting new versions is like running a store where you  
don't have to worry about whether customers actually buy anything.  
This seems like something kind of in the middle that should have  
quite a bit of appeal to a lot of developers. I predict it's the way  
a lot of software will be developed and marketed in the future.



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus/attachments/20081205/5dd8f9c3/attachment-0007.html>

More information about the Lazarus mailing list