[Lazarus] ANN : Game Maker 7.x for MacOS X enters private beta...

matt shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:08:57 CET 2008

Hum so they did stick with lazarus eh? I read their official post on their
website (yoyogames.com) and it was very vague if you weren't a private beta
tester. But, I do have the PC version and here's what it seems to me:
1. The runner is a generic precompiled EXE with all  functions etc for
dealing with any possible aspect of the game. It is NOT slim, and it is NOT
smart. Not using 99% of Game Maker's features will not make the size smaller
2. The 'compiler' probably only puts in your resources into a pre-built
runner.

So, they're not generating new CORE code for  each new game; but the user
can code using GML (a weirdo coding language), and that gives some extensive
expansion capabilities.

Also, considering that GM was made with Delphi, they probaby did a lot of
research and found Lazarus/FPC to be a good combo ;)