[Lazarus] ANN : Game Maker 7.x for MacOS X enters private beta...

dominique at savagesoftware.com.au dominique at savagesoftware.com.au
Sat Dec 6 23:01:06 CET 2008

GameMaker is essentially an IDE that allows you to create the logic for
your game.
You use it to tell the Runner ( essentially the game engine ) what to do
when objects collide,
how they move, when to play sounds etc. The Runner is essentially a self
contained executable and takes the
instructions created via the GameMaker IDE and executes them.

There was already work being done to create a C++ version of the Runner,
which was already in beta. So they may be referring to that version.
What I hope they will see is that by using Lazarus/FreePascal, they now
have the ability to target any environments that FPC and Lazarus support
with little to no code changes. I'm confident that with a little tweaking
the Runner could even execute on Nintendo DS or GameBoy Advanced devices as
well because FreePascal already works on them.

Dominique.