[Lazarus] Free Pascal Update

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Dec 8 12:25:39 CET 2008

Op maandag 08-12-2008 om 19:38 uur [tijdzone +1030], schreef Eric March:
> I run Ubuntu 64 bit kernel 2.6.  I need to upgrade from FPC 2.2.0 to 2.2.2
> Is there a way that this can be done via Ubuntu update manager?

Maybe you should ask that to those people who can actually do something
about it, ie, the Ubuntu-people.

> (Keep everything up to date from now on)
> If there are enough Ubuntu users to justify the setup, would update
> manager address issues such as standard directories.  Mine was installed
> as root and so non root user did not have write access.

This is an Ubuntu-issue. I oculd offcourse answer that if you install
Fedora this will all work fine. ;) But better let the Ubuntu-people fix
this problem.

But they are a bit behind on fpc-versions, because they are dog-slow and
now it's too late to update the fpc-version in Ubuntu 8.10. But let them
know, send in reports to them. If they don't get complaints, they will
think it's not an issue.

Joost.