[Lazarus] TAChart: double-buffering (issue 0012377) questions

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:38:55 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 02:12, Martin Friebe <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>>> Alexander Klenin wrote:
>> So if you have time and expertise, please read the mail threads
>> mentioned in the bug report
>> and provide me with insight ;-)

> I'll look further into it. A few things:
> - GetHighlighterAttriAtRowColEx  may not be the best idea. It can be
> quite useful to be able to click on words in comments to. (Which works
> at current).

Indeed, I missed that.

> - The highlighter is overall not the best solution to find linkable
> text. Because even a valid bit of code, may be unresolvable to codetools.

> Another way would be to ask codetools them self.
> Similar like SynEdit calls SourceEditor, which calls SourceNoteBook and
> then MainIDE.OnSrcNoteBookClickLink line 2952 in ide/main.pp
> ( see also line 1778:   SourceNotebook.OnClickLink :=
> @OnSrcNoteBookClickLink; )

Now _that_ is what I wanted to hear when I started the original thread ;-)
Good idea, I attached a new version of patch to the
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12785.

I should note that I was horrified by the amount of "glue" code needed
to route an event through main form, source notebook, source editor and SynEdit.

--
Alexander S. Klenin
Insight Experts Ltd.