[Lazarus] Fatal error when trying to install component

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 09:05:38 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:54:05AM +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> > > No. The readers/writers just use Colors[x,y]:=someTFPColor.
> > > TLazIntfImage will do the conversion.
> >
> > Assuming it is paletted yes. I still have to investigate the palette
> > stuff, so that is not touched for now.
>
> I can't follow you here. I was talking about the pixel formats, not
> palette.

I'm talking about retrieving a pointer to the pixels, and the
readers/writers being able to.

So that lines as

  with PFourBytes(FRawImage.Data+FLineStarts^.Positions[y].Byte+(x shl 2))^ do

are wrapped.

IOW I pull part of the rawimage storage into a descendant of fpimage, (the
base, not the more baroque parts) and add the ability for the readers and
writers to _optionally_ use this. This all backwards compatible.

> > > Pixels is the palette value. The Colors property takes a TFPColor.

Pixels is the information stored per pixel. What I plan is about reading and
writing that row based. If I'm going to also handle the conversions, I'll do
that in a descendant, to avoid biass for e.g. a RGBA color system in a base
class.