[Lazarus] Linker error recompiling Lazarus on Mac OS X

Tobias Giesen tobias_subscriber at tgtools.com
Sat Jul 19 05:06:45 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Roland Turcan <konf at rotursoft.sk> wrote:
> Of course, I would like to prefer Carbon on Mac, but somewhere I've
> seen information, that IDE with GTK is more stable on Mac than
> Carbon's one. Maybe it is older information.
>
> What are your experiences with Carbon IDE?

Well, I disagree with Mattias here. I only use the Carbon IDE since
some months, and Carbon is already the default widgetset in Mac OS X
and it was already decided that the next release will be based in it.

I think it will depend on which features you need. Some bugs in the
Gtk IDE make it almost useless for me, like copy+paste not working
with other applications. If you don't need the same set of features as
I do, then the Gtk IDE may be better.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho