[Lazarus] Help needed with Lazarus errors (refer attached file)

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:57:45 CEST 2008

Hi LS and All,

2008/7/30 Lord Satan <reimgrab at web.de>

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:52:31 +1000
> "Peter Williams" <pewtas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > G'day LS and All,
> >
> > On 30/07/2008, Lord Satan <reimgrab at web.de> wrote:

> > > You can try dpkg directly and perhaps get some usefull output if it
> also
> > > fails.
> > > I never had this problem (Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit) but I build the fpc
> package
> > > myself from svn via lazarusdir/tools/install/create_fpc_deb.sh.
> >

> > Can you please tell me the exact command(s) I need to enter. I'm assuming
> > that I need to open a System Terminal (if that's the right terminology) -
> > however, I'm still a newbie at Linux.
>
> Opening a terminal is correct. And since you are new to the linux command
> line you should try:
>
> man man
>
> man dpkg
>
> And finally to install the package:
>
> cd /home/your_user_name/directory_with_your_fpc_package_inside
>
> sudo dpkg -i packagename.deb
>
> hih

Thanks for all your help!!!

In the end I went to SourceForge website and downloaded Lazarus and Free
Pascal Compiler. I then iGenDebian Package installer to install the .deb
files. I ignored the warnings about later versions being available. All went
well. Then a few minutes after I had finished installing Lazarus, the
Package Manager had an icon in my toolbar telling me that later versions of
both free pascal compiler and Lazarus were available. A few mouse clicks
later and it had installed the latest version.

Also, I'm happy to report that my small Lazarus test program compiled and
run WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS or errors, warnings or hints.

Thank you to the Lazarus and Free Pascal team!!! It is working as it is
supposed to!!!

Kind Regards & With Much Thanks
     PEW
>From Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)