[Lazarus] Bitmap animation component

Kostas Michalopoulos badsector at slashstone.com
Sun Jun 1 02:59:19 CEST 2008

> Hi,
>
> I created a bitmap animation component for fpGUI. It works like the
> old Netscape spinning logo. One image with all the frames layout in in
> a horizontal position.
>
> It doesn't have much use, other that to take up some space on a form
> and entertain your users.  :-)  Does something like this exist for
> Lazarus?  If not, I'll port the component with an example application.

I would have some use for it if the ability to specify how many times the
animation should be played (none, always, 1, 2, etc), be able to specify the
speed and direction (actually having a ping-pong style animation sequence
would be nice, like 0-1-2-3-4-3-2-1-repeat, especially for one-time
animations) and support transparency.

In fact i want to use it as a little animating "warning" icon at the right
side of some input boxes when the user enters invalid stuff :-).

Kostas