[Lazarus] Color setup of the Form1: TForm1

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:12:10 CEST 2008

2008/6/17 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> On 17/06/2008, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl> wrote:
>>
>> I am sorry, but I cannot find the mentioned feature on that page. On what section is it?
>>

> See my second post. I got confirmation from somebody that it was not
> native Linux behaviour and was not going to be fixed. And as I
> mentioned in a previous thread - beats me what 'native Linux
> behaviour' is! Most Linux apps do what they want as there is NO
> standard.

the themes in linux control everything about the widgets, that means
everything on my desktop looks the same (not in terms of application
design, but buttons, scrollbars, borders, colours of active/inactive
titlebars, shades, translucency, etc).

if you need a custom look, you either need to build a themeing engine
into lazarus, or write a gtkrc file for your app (the right way, imo).
 then you can control everything.  if you just need a colour for your
form, doesn't a panel work?  (coloured panels work for me in gtk2, at
least).

henry