[Lazarus] Registering Dll for WinCe

Patrick Chevalley pchevalley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 21:23:18 CEST 2008

> if it is not too much trouble could you please upload the latest version too? :)

Yes this is possible but I need to boot on Windows for that and this
is not very frequent :)

> 1. How do you connect to the SQLite db?

I use libsql ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsql ) since some
time because I know it quiet well by participating to the devel. since
Kylix port. But I am not sure I would recommend  you start with it
now, maybe better to try to use directly a FPC TSqlite3Dataset.
I also not like to work with dbaware component and always use queries
in code because it is very infrequent I have to display data without
some processing. It's ok for address book like application but this is
not what I do.

> 2. Similar situation with printing

Sorry, I not use printing with wince.

> 3. Maybe you could advice me how to set up the necessary tools to do the
> compilation myself.

I use Visual Studio with a license I have from work, the project file
is include with the source code. I use it exclusively for this lib.
Lazarus is much better for Wince development :)
I don't know a simpler solution to compile a C library for Wince, this
is probably possible with GCC but I not investigate.