[Lazarus] Advice about creating database-aware application with Lazarus

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Jun 23 10:49:51 CEST 2008

Op zondag 22-06-2008 om 19:34 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Howard Lee
Harkness:

> What I REALLY wanted was to be able to drop some components on a form
> (connection, query, datasource, dbgrid, and dbnavigator), and link
> them together with some properties, and have it work without writing a
> lick of code -- just like I once did with Delphi 3 over a decade ago.
> So far, Lazarus has not caught up with D3, much less D6.

With MySQL 4 or 5? I doubt it.

And with the latest Delphi versions, you'll also fail. They also need an
applyupdates call, just like fpc does.

This is not a problem of fpc, but more a problem that you don't know
how to use it (yet). Or if you want, a documentation problem.

Joost.