[Lazarus] Java's Document & Elements model

Kostas Michalopoulos badsector at slashstone.com
Fri Jun 27 02:26:15 CEST 2008

> And one of the Qt and Java tests, for reasons beyond me, is to paste
> 1Mb of text in a TextEdit component. No slow down in painting, moving
> the cursor or scrolling the text is experienced. So it scales very
> well.

I just dumped 100mb of (generated) pascal source code in SynEdit. There is
no slow down in painting or moving around and syntax highlighting seems to
work perfect. In fact i can scroll from the top to the bottom and back
without any slowness. I tried the same file in jEdit and scrolling beyond a
few thousand lines had a delay of a couple seconds. Modifying the code is
instant and we're talking about 5 millions of lines. Although i doubt any
sane unit will reach that point, it shows that even if it does, Lazarus can
edit it.

Kostas