[Lazarus] Resource string constants support in the Object Inspector

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:01:38 CET 2008

On 17/03/2008, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find it weird a bit, but I also see the power in it.

I think it will be very handy!  Currently you assign a hard-coded
string like 'Hello' to a button's caption and then later in your code
you need to write something like

   MyButton.Caption := rsHello;

just to replace what the Object Inspector did the first time round.
This seems like a waist. Why couldn't the Object Inspector use the
resource string in the first place.

One issue that might come up in Lazarus (not fpGUI) is a question of
timing.  What if rsHello is assigned before correct localization was
loaded.  fpGUI does localization handling in Application.Initialize

Regards,
  - Graeme -