[Lazarus] gnugettext?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun May 4 01:10:32 CEST 2008

Derek Edson schreef:
> Vincent
>
> Thank you for replying.  I replied to this thread (r13691), since the
> original e-mail raised the question about missing dialogs, which was
> what I was experiencing.

Ah, symptoms were the same, the cause completely different.

> F.Y.I. If you do a clean SVN build, the XML files in the install
> directory do not get created, and FileMon (SysInternals) show no access
> to XML files in the old location, only to AppData.

That is correct. First the %LOCALAPPDATA%\lazarus (primary config
directory) is tried. If there are no files there, then the lazarus
directory (secondary config directory) is read. If there is nothing
there too, then built-in defaults are used. The location of primary and
secondary config directory is OS dependent. The IDE only writes to the
primary config directory.

> I am curious about you statement about every user could install their
> own set of packages since Lazarus is statically linking the packages,
> not dynamic.  So the executable is rebuilt every time a package is
> installed.  Food for thought.

Nothing new here. If the lazarus directory is write protected, then a
new lazarus executable is created in %LOCALAPPDATA%\lazarus and
startlazarus should be able to find it.

Vincent