[Lazarus] Linux Installation Advise

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun May 18 08:24:57 CEST 2008

I'd never used Lazarus with CentOS (it is a server distro for Linux,
and it is not suitable enough for desktop use, use Fedora for desktop
use instead if you wish to have redhat approach).

For GTK2, you should install libgtk2* that is the libraries of GTK2
and also do not forget to install pixbuf of GTK2.
The same for GTK1.2 (but who use it this days anyway ?!)

After you have installed all of the above, you can compile (don't you
have a spec file for creating Lazarus in RPM ?!) and install Lazarus.

Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/