[Lazarus] embedding fomrs into forms

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun May 18 23:18:57 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 06:12:27PM +0200, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 17.05.2008, 16:30 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> > Putting LCL controls into a dynamic linked library is only possible
> > with more or less dirty tricks. This is independent of nesting forms.
>
> What are these tricks?

Exactly controlling the state of the RTL. Either to be exactly the same in
the dynlib and the mainprogram, at least for the cases that matter.

> I read about shared libs in the wiki reagrding RTL/VMT duplication and
> having a shared memory manager. A quick test switching program and
> form-contaning dll to cmem did not help.

That is correct, those are the most important ones. There is no end user
safe way to my knowledge, just limited experiments of people that knew what
they were doing. (or were lucky)

> My goal is to have a core programm and some additional parts delivered
> separately. Compiling the program for every permutation of combinations
> is not quite usable if the count of extras goes up.

Packages is the only long term way. Unless your interface between the DLL
and the program can be really limited and rigid. Then you might have luck
the manual way.