[Lazarus] Forms Color on Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 23 16:04:08 CEST 2008

Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Hmmm.  That's a bit unfortunate.  I get the idea of theming and centralizing the
> user feel, etc but that doesn't take into account task based applications.

Exactly our issue as well. We have a GUI application designed for kids
and need it colourful. We also have a admin GUI application designed for
our franchises and needed custom (corporate) colours overall. We also
use colour for input validation forms. Most of these worked when we ran
under Windows, but not when it's run under Linux. Defeats the purpose of
cross platform apps. Our custom drawn toolkit solves all these issues.

> I've noticed also that other things like MouseDown and MouseUp seem to act
> differently (kind of sluggish) in GTK1/2 or maybe its Gnome in general.  That's
> a show stopper for me.

Which components? LCL-GTK2 does feel slow compared to other non-LCL GTK2
based applications. GTK1 (I've got the Lazarus IDE compiled with in)
seems okay.

Regards,
   - Graeme -