[Lazarus] Interesting things with latest snapshot of lazarus 9.25

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:54:22 CEST 2008

2008/5/26 matt shaffer <dazappa.matt at gmail.com>:
> First off, I'd just like to say WOW it's taking absolutely forever for the
> next version of lazarus.

wow is what I would use to describe the new features which we are
preparing for the next release, like full windows unicode support,
much better wince support with unicode, dozens of fixes in gtk2, TIcon
properly implemented, etc.

> *sigh* Hope lazarus development speeds up..
>I really need image transparency.

Lazarus is free software. If you are not happy with the current
development you can submit a patch or pay someone to submit a patch.
Everything else is just a courtesy.

Having said that we have a policy of no regressions. So if any
regression is present, then the next release won't be released until
all regressions are fixed, so one release can't work worse the the
last.

By submiting bug reports we can know which regressions were introduced
so they can be scheduled to be fixed before the next release.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho