[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:43:00 CET 2008

On 11/6/08, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll investigate later and report back. gtkperf doesn't appear
>  to be packaged for Debian yet, so I'll need to build from source making
>  sure I can test both gtk 1 and 2 (does it actually support both)?

'gtkperf' was also not in Ubuntu 7.10's repositories. I downloaded the
.deb file from the sourceforge.net website. It installed without
problems. I don't know if it supports GTK1 though.

>  either from the command line or using its internal rebuild facility,
>  performance plummets: I have to wait for about a minute before a
>  component dropped onto a form appears.

I have also noticed a drop in speed since I switched from GTK1 to
GTK2, but mine is definitely not as slow as you describe. Thought I
run my Lazarus locally, not over a LAN.

Regards,
  - Graeme -