[Lazarus] instantobjects and lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:19:24 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Alessandro F.Pileci
<alexpileci at 3pweb.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, anyone using instantobjects with fpc/lazarus?
> Any clue about installing instantobjects in lazarus under linux (ubuntu
> 8.04)?

I remember reading months ago that somebody was attempting a to port
IntstantObjects to FPC/Lazarus, but i have no idea if they actually
completed it. I guess the IO mailing list might might be your best
option.

Alternatively, you could try the tiOPF framework
(http://www.tiopf.com). We stopped porting the tiOPF-aware components
to LCL in exchange for a much better design. We use the
Model-GUI-Mediator design pattern to make any standard components
"object aware". I use it like that for the fpGUI toolkit, Michael van
Canneyt uses it with LCL and a few others us it with Delphi's VCL. It
is a very powerful and flexible design. All code and demos are
available in the tiOPF repository.

For any further information regarding the tiOPF, please direct your
questions to the tiOPF support newsgroup. [news://news.tiopf.com]

Regards,
  - Graeme -