[Lazarus] instantobjects and lazarus

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Fri Nov 7 09:00:01 CET 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Alessandro F.Pileci
> <alexpileci at 3pweb.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone, anyone using instantobjects with fpc/lazarus?
>> Any clue about installing instantobjects in lazarus under linux (ubuntu
>> 8.04)?
>
> I remember reading months ago that somebody was attempting a to port
> IntstantObjects to FPC/Lazarus, but i have no idea if they actually
> completed it. I guess the IO mailing list might might be your best
> option.
>
> Alternatively, you could try the tiOPF framework
> (http://www.tiopf.com). We stopped porting the tiOPF-aware components
> to LCL in exchange for a much better design. We use the
> Model-GUI-Mediator design pattern to make any standard components
> "object aware". I use it like that for the fpGUI toolkit, Michael van
> Canneyt uses it with LCL and a few others us it with Delphi's VCL. It
> is a very powerful and flexible design. All code and demos are
> available in the tiOPF repository.
>
> For any further information regarding the tiOPF, please direct your
> questions to the tiOPF support newsgroup. [news://news.tiopf.com]
>

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

I'm working on InstantObjects, but the problem is that it's very
incompatible with current LCl UTF8, many ansistrings functions, a lot of
bugs, and nesteddatasets list is in heavy usage.The results are not good
so far, however I was able to create new SQLDB connector for
instantobjects and have most of GUI controls compilable, yet a lot of
bugs prevent it to be usable.

It's not available in public, maybe later.

Boguslaw