[Lazarus] malformed ifdef in gtkdefines.inc

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Nov 9 04:18:15 CET 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 19:53:16 -0200
> "Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho" <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 5:05 PM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You are missing the point (And 2.6 is very old version of GTK. GTK
>>> 2.14 is the latest).
>> So you want to increase the minimum default requirement?
>>
>> I agree with 2.8 (let's wait to see if Mattias and Marc also agree),
>> but certainly not with the latest 2.14.
>
> I see no problem with 2.8 as minimum.

I think if we are going to do that, some form of compatibility test on startup with a little message
box saying (Your GTK version is x.x and the minimum we require is y.y, please upgrade to use this
software) is a good idea. Firefox did this at one point and I found it much more informative than it
simply refusing to run or bombing out.

Even if it were implemented as a unit you inserted in the beginning of your uses clause and
therefore optional, I _think_ it'd be a good idea. (I have been wrong before though)

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them