[Lazarus] Error during linkage editing

Arí Ricardo Ody ari.ody at japinfo.com.br
Mon Nov 24 20:20:03 CET 2008

I'd go to  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Installing_on_Mandriva and follow the steps suggested there.

I uninstall via rpm fpc/fpc-src/lazarus

I'd download the packages fpc/fpc-docs/fpc-src and lazarus from the link suggested.

I'd open Konqueror and doble click over the downloaded packages as suggested. The 1st time it asks for the root password as expected.

Every installation runs ok. No dependencies reported.

I ran lazarus again and receive the messages:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libglib.so when searching for -lglib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lglib
FrontEndForBasicCompressionDecompression.lpr(23,1) Error: Error while linking
FrontEndForBasicCompressionDecompression.lpr(23,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

May someone tell where do I go now? Every time I install a new version of Mandriva Lazarus doesn't runs ok before a lot of troubles. Why do it installs ok under Fedora with GNome for example?

Cheers

Ricardo