[Lazarus] Error during linkage editing

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Nov 25 08:57:19 CET 2008

En/na Arí Ricardo Ody ha escrit:

> I ran lazarus again and receive the messages:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libglib.so when searching for -lglib
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lglib

It's looking for a file named libglib.so.
Open a console and issue an "urpmf libglib.so", it should list all the
packages containing files which name contains "libglib.so". Disregard
the various "libglib.so.x.y" (where x,y are numbers), and note the name
of the package that list libglib.so with no extra characters at the end.
Install that package ("urpmi <package name>" as root) and you should be set.
I'm not running mandriva right now, so I cannot tell you the results of
the above commands, however looking at sophie.zarb.org, it tells me that
it is in libglib1.2-devel

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007